We are partnering with an award-winning brand experience design agency that specialise in retail and hospitality. They are seeking an experienced Design Director to join their team.
The Design Director role is the cornerstone of the creative team. Immersed in design expertise across a wide range of applications. The Design Director has vision, promotes and develops creative thinking and thrives on this proactive, 'sleeves rolled-up' role.
Overall aim of the role:
- Lead multi-skilled design teams and production specialists day-to-day, including initial briefings, day-to day direction, storyboarding, creative reviews, promoting and developing creative thinking.
- Organise and direct teams to deliver on brief, on budget, aligning with commercial objectives
- Overall creative direction on smaller projects
- Mentor Designers, recruit and retain design talent with support of the leadership team
- Participate in resource and work planning, managing and reporting on project status as required
- Embed design innovation and knowledge, be enthusiastic about and share design-related trends
- Work with the strategists to develop breakthrough creative ideas and articulate them in the creative brief
- Day-to-day client interaction and relationship building on projects
- Lead creative presentations and encourage other team members to present the work
- Highest creative and commercial standards
- Cross-discipline working , Cross channel knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Planning and organisation
- Good judgement and decision-making
- Positive representation of the agency to clients, press and industry Proficient in the following areas: - Adobe Creative Cloud - Digital innovation; knowledge of products, services and the creative skill sets required - Deep and extensive knowledge of retail.
If you are interested in this opportunity and think you would be a good fit, please send your CV and Portfolio to - firstname.lastname@example.org